Brew Women Awards 2017
“Inspire & Conquer”
With a strong conviction that has brought her this far, she continues to believe that there is a lot more to transcend. Breaking past stereotypes, she’s undaunted, fierce and altruistic, all at once. Embracing versatility, she’s gloriously multifaceted.
A beautiful world would seize to exist, without her. No more hurdles should impediment her. Brew Women Awards 2017celebrates her, for she is here to inspire and conquer the world.
Look out for the ‘Inspire & Conquer Brew Women Awards 2017’ on the 2nd of March as we accolade inspiring women from various fields. The awardees for the brew women awards 2017 are,
- JEYASHREE RAVI – Born into the country’s first family of silk, Jeyasree Ravi was always naturally attracted to the silk business. It was never really a surprise that Jeyasree thus started off her own brand of pure silk sarees under the name and fashion of Sri Palam Silk Sarees, though not before dabbling in the world of computer software for a short while. She is being awarded this night for being the multi-faceted woman that she is as an entrepreneur, Life skills trainer and an author of the book ‘The Magic Scroll’.
- AKSHARAA AGARWAL – Aksharaa, is a 13 year old author, an eighth grader from Chennai. She started writing her first book Lost – The Capture, when she was 12. With her first book Lost – The Capture, launched in Chennai on 18th Dec, 2016, she became perhaps the youngest author in the country in the genre of fiction thriller and has received many rave reviews.Lost the Capture is the first book in a trilogy and there are two more books coming soon. Aksharaa is currently working on 4 more books. Aksharaa believes education is the key to a successful future and wants to use her success as an author to promote education for underprivileged children and is also supporting a fund Raiser for building classrooms and toilet blocks through the Ladies Circle.
- APARNA NAGESH – A versatile dance professional with over 18 years of training, teaching and performance experience, Aparna is trained extensively in various dance styles such as Jazz, Ballet, Contemporary, and Latin & Street and now creates contemporary dance theatre work under her own unique movement vocabulary titled “Global Dance Fusion”. Currently she runs her own all girl dance ensemble, High Kicks, who performed at the prestigious Commonwealth Youth Dance Fest, prior to the start of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow Scotland in 2014.
- SETHULAKSHMI JOHNSON – A trained ethnographer, involved with communities that are vulnerable for HIV, for the past 20 years Sethulakshmi has been working as the Program Manager at YR Gaitonde Centre for AIDS Research and Education (YRGCARE). She plays a pivoting role in the growth and promotion of the Foundation’s livelihood and food security initiative ‘ECO Kitchen’ that addresses economic stability within families affected by social and economic challenges.
- AISHWARYA MANIVANNAN – An Artist, Designer, Educator and Silambam Practitioner, Aishwarya Manivannanhas many accolades to her name. She represents India in Silambam and is the current Asian and National Silambam Champion in the Senior Women’s Category. Internationally, Asian and National Silambam Championships 2015-16 she won a total of 7 Gold, 6 Silver and 4 bronze medals. She has been learning Silambam under Power Pandian Aasaan for the last four years and is passionate about spreading awareness and reviving Tamil Nadu’s ancient traditional martial art form Silambam which is more than 3000 years old. Her recent video on the occasion of National Handloom Day won popular acclaim receiving more than 4 million views on social media and triggering more interest in Silambam.
- SANDHYA WINFRED – Sandhya Winfred is an Ace Shooter, an international medallist who has represented Indiafrom 2013 to 2015. She was part of the Junior Indian Shooting Team and was Ranked #1 in 2015. She has won Two Bronze medals Internationally for India in the Asian Shooting Championship at Tehran, Iran. She has to her credit 19 Gold medals, 24 Silver medals, and 24 Bronze medals at National and State level. She is the third generation competitive shooter in the family, started shooting and winning medals from the tender age of 11, in 2006.
- RITIKA SINGH –Ritika Singh is an Indian MMA fighter and is a national level kickboxer. She also appears in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi films. She made her Bollywood debut in Sudha Kongaras’ Saala Khadoos. She was part of the television reality series Super Fight League Challengers. She was trained under the guidance of her father. As a kickboxer, she first participated in 2009 Asian Indoor Games competing in the 52 KG category. Ritika Singh is also the recipient of the National Award for the film ‘SaalaKhadoos’ and she bagged the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for the same.
- AISHWARYAA R DHANUSH – Recently, having become the Goodwill Ambassador from India for the UN Women Organisation, Aishwaryaa R Dhanush is a woman of power.Aishwaryaa has also released a documentary titled ‘Unsung Heroes’ as a tribute to the stuntmen of Tamil cinema. Aishwaryaa is also the proud recipient of the Kalaimamani award for dance from the Government of Tamil Nadu. She has also authored a book titled ‘Standing On An Apple Box: The Story Of A Girl Among The Stars’ which is a memoir of her life as the daughter of the Superstar. A director, singer and a classical dancer she is an unmissable package of talent.