February 16, 2017
Recipe : Agra Petha Savoury Salad
Dried coriander powder
Red chili powder
- Take the Agra petha, boil it for 2 -3 minutes and allow sugar to dissolve a bit.
- Take the petha, chop it finally and then caramelize it with one two table spoons of butter until its slightly crisp – not too much as we want the texture to remain.
- Now to marinate the chicken, take the chicken breast, make perforations with few cuts here and there.
- To make the masala, take chat masala, yogurt, fresh coriander, dried coriander powder, red chili powder, green chili, garlic and garam masala. Then marinate the chicken for around 10-15 minutes.
- Now sear in a hot pan with the touch of butter until the chicken is charcoal grilled and let black bits to come on the chicken. In the same pan, toss some sesame seeds and peanuts for a textual difference.
- Alongside take lemon, cucumber and onion and a French dressing made from black pepper, eggs, oil and French mustard.
- For the dressing, take 3- 4 egg yolks, 2 table spoons of French mustard, to that add oil very slowly whisking all the time – around 100 ml – 150 ml depending on the size of your egg yolks.
- Add salt and black pepper to that and that’s the dressing done.
- Now you can assemble the salad.
- Take the toasted sesame seeds, peanuts, take caramelized Agra petha. Into that, add juliennes of cucumber, sliced onions, lemons, extra fresh coriander, a pinch more of the chat masala, salt and black pepper to season.
- By now the chicken will be cooked – allow it to rest for 5-6 minutes.
- Now slice the chicken (very thin slices), almost shred it and add to the salad at very end.
- Now mix the slices of lemon, cucumber and onion to tossed sesame seeds and peanuts and add two table spoon of the French dressing to it. Now add the salad leaves into that.
- Add a little more fresh lemon and extra fresh coriander and now add only half of the shredded chicken into it.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- While serving, garnish it with further chicken on top, a little more of sesame seeds, a little more of fresh coriander and touch of lemon, edible flowers just for the color and pop to make it look tempting.