Fenugreek is found in the part of central and South Asia. It is considered to be one of the oldest medicinal plants which provide various benefits. It is also seen growing in other places of the world such as USA, North Africa, and the Mediterranean regions. Seemingly, there are many kinds of research have done to prove the goodness of fenugreek and how positively it impacts the human body. The fresh and dried seeds of fenugreek plants have been used as the flavoring agent and also as a spice for thousands of years. Rather than many other places in the world, India accounts for the major production of fenugreek plants.
Benefits of Fenugreek:
- Helps in Weight Loss: Fenugreek also contains fiber which promotes the feeling of fullness and keeps the people from over intake. Researches show that 500 mg of fenugreek supplement can lower the body fat. So by the intake of fenugreek water itself, will help you to aid in weight loss.
- Beneficial during breastfeeding: Many kinds of research have done under the systemic galactagogue effect in the female body. It was found that ingesting fenugreek could increase breast milk production in lactating women. Do you wanna know how it works? It is because fenugreek seeds contain the hormone precursors that increase the milk supply.
- Helps in Hair Growth: Fenugreek seeds are loaded with various nutrients which promote the hair growth in humans. Research shows that by applying the paste made from the leaves on the scalp will help to promote the growth of hair. It also provides the natural hair colour for your hair. It improves the blood circulation around the hair follicles.
- Boosts Testosterone: Do you know fenugreek will boost the hormone called testosterone? This hormone plays a vital role in bodily functions in males. So by consuming the fenugreek will increase the testosterone level in male.
- Treats in Diabetes: Fenugreek helps in reducing cholesterol levels and also improves blood pressure. The presence of fiber in fenugreek forms a thick and sticky gel in the intestine which makes it harder to digest the excess of sugars and bad fats. The people who consume fenugreek powder will give a significant improvement in their diabetes symptoms.
- Helps in relieving the symptoms of PCOS: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) shows ‘n’ number of symptoms like acne, shoulder pains, stomach upset, irregular menstruation and infertility. By regularly consuming fenugreek in any forms will help you to decrease the effects of symptoms of PCOS.
Consume fenugreek and be a beneficiary in life!