1. Raw Jack Biriyani
So, here’s what you’ll need:
1. 2 tbsp vegan ghee
2. 1 tbsp jeera
3. 1 tbsp haldi
4. 1 tbsp chilli powder
5. 1 tbsp garam masala
6. 300 gms Wakao Raw Jack
7. Coriander to garnish.
8. 2 tbsp Salt
9. 3 cups of steamed rice
And here’s what you’ll need to do:
1. Add the vegan ghee, jeera, haldi, chilli powder and garam masala. Heat it till it becomes a paste.
2. Add Raw Jack and mix it well.
3. Now add some coriander and salt.
4. Lastly, add the steamed rice and mix it well!
Your raw jack biryani is now ready!
2. Jackfruit Ramen
𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲’𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂’𝗹𝗹 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱:
– 1 packet of Vegan Ramen Noodles
– Assorted spices for the noodles
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
– 1 roughly chopped spring onion
– Wakao #TeriyakiJack Packet
– 1 tsp teriyaki sauce
𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲’𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂’𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗼:
1. First let the ramen noodles simmer for 2 mins
2. Then saute the raw jack in olive oil, with garlic, onion and herbs of your choice.
3. Lastly add roughly chopped veggies of your choice (onions, peas, carrots) and there you go!
(Serves 2 people)
3. Jamaican Jerk Jackfruit Wrap
𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂’𝗹𝗹 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱:
2 tsp oil divided
1.5 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/4 to 1/2 tsp black pepper
a good dash of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
1 tsp or more lime juice
2 cups water
1/4 to 1/2 tsp sugar or other sweeteners
Wakao’s #BBQJack – 300 gm
𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗯𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗕𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀:
1 tsp oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 15 oz can black beans or 1.5 cups cooked
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt or to taste, depending on the beans
1.5 tbsp orange juice or 2 tsp lemon juice + 1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 cup water
sliced cucumbers or pickles
cilantro or baby greens
salt pepper, lemon or lime juice
large tortilla wraps
𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲’𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗮 𝗱𝗼:
– heat 1 tsp oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shredded #BBQJack and all dry spices (or 1.5 tbsp
or more premade Jamaican jerk seasoning). Cook for 2-3 mins or until the spices start to smell
– Add lime juice and water and sugar and cook partially covered for 25 to 30 minutes. Stir
– Once the mixture is dry, taste and adjust salt and heat. Add in the 1 tsp oil and continue to roast the
jackfruit until golden brown on some edges. Serve this in wraps, sandwiches, tacos, and nachos.
𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗯𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀:
– Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent. 4-5 mins.
– Add black beans, spices, water and orange or lime juice and simmer for 10 mins. Stir occasionally.
𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗮𝗽𝘀:
Layer the black beans, then cilantro or chopped baby green, then a good helping of the jerk jackfruit,
then cucumber and mango, lemon, salt and pepper. Fold into a burrito and serve.