Below is the benefits this popular morning and evening ritual.
Ice cubes help in blood circulation which gives your skin a healthy and natural glow. To give your skin a more radiant glow you can use ice fruit cubes to apply to your face.
It helps reduce the inflammation and redness of pimples and blemishes. You can directly apply the ice cubes on your acne for a few seconds until it becomes numb and this can be done every other day at night.
Treating Dark Circle
A combination of cucumber juice and rose water when frozen can be used under your eye circles. This will help reduce the puffiness as a result of your late night activities.
Inexpensive skin smoother and toner – Ice cubes. Before applying makeup use ice cubes as it minimizes the pores underneath the makeup which leaves your foundation smooth and flawless.
Substitute for Makeup
When you don’t have the time to put on makeup. Apply ice cubes using a cloth wrapped can help you get the radiant and fresh look without the traces of makeup.
Icing slows down the signs of ageing and also the appearance of wrinkles.
Things to remember about Skin Icing:
- Skin icing is done without using cloth wrap but always remember to wear gloves so you can hold the ice properly.
- By using a washcloth or cloth wrapped to apply ice on your skin will have the same effect as when you apply ice directly on your face.
- Extreme cold can break the capillaries under the skin so don’t apply the ice straight from the freezer if you use a bare ice cube.
- You also don’t want to use bare ice on the skin that already has broken capillaries or use the ice too long.
- If you are not comfortable with cold, stop. Avoid icing one area for more than 15 minutes.
- You can also choose to fill water in the ice cube tray with rosewater, lemon, green tea, chamomile tea, cucumber and any other skin friendly ingredients according to your skin care needs.