Summer clothing calls for finer fabric, that’s lighter in colour and body-baring silhouettes. Because the basic bra may seem bulky and makes it quite obvious under these conditions. So pairing with your favourite summer tops consider buying a few bras designed to go undetected. Below are some tips for summer bra essentials.
1. The convertible bra is a good investment. Truly perfect and will support you well under a backless bodice and halter tops.
2. Go in for a bra without lace and seams for a clean look under fitted sleeveless tops. If you’re a size A or B, look for stretch cotton bralettes – they resemble a cropped tank top with adjustable straps.
3. When you are wearing a plunging or revealing neckline try a demi bra. This is designed to cover half of the bust with wide-set cups and provide good support with maximum exposure.
4. Flesh tones are great when sporting pastels or sheer materials like linen. Since white bras will be very obvious.
5. To deal with sweat, pair your summer attire with a moisture-wicking sports bra. These provide great support and the high-tech fabric will keep you a lot drier than most fashion bras.
6. Consider racer back or cross back bras to wear with sleeveless tops and shells. You can rest assured that your bra straps won’t slip into view.
7. For a sleeveless top that makes the inside shoulder visible and so you can’t wear a racer bra, wear flesh-coloured thin bra straps.
Things to consider:
While shopping for bras do bring your favourite summer tops. Remember to check coverage in the underarm area, too, as some armholes are cut so low that they reveal the body of the bra.
For unique styling look for lingerie boutiques and specialty stores and colours that may not be carried in the major department stores.
Look for tanks and sleeveless tops that have built-in bras.