Chennai, 22nd December 2016: Batlivala & Khanabhoy – The destination restaurant for Parsi cuisine in Chennai will offer a special Parsi meal ‘Sagan nu Bhonu’ that can be enjoyed with loved ones, this Christmas.
‘Sagan-nu-Bhonu’, in a Parsi Home is cooked for celebratory occasions like the New Year, weddings, birthday and festivals. ‘Sagan nu Bhonu’ translated means a food for celebration! The menu, specially curated by the chef to offer a wholesome taste of the cuisine for diners this Christmas comprises of signature delicacies like;
- Sali Jardaloo Chicken – Tender chicken slow cooked in a sweet and sour tomato gravy with dried apricots and topped with Sali (salty potato sticks)
- Gosht kebab na pulao with Masala ni Dar – A classic Parsi pulao layered with slow cooked mutton marinated in secret spices, potatoes, eggs, kheema kebabs and fried onions served with masala dal
- Suran na cutlet – Crispy patties made with yam, Parsi garam masala, whole spices and coriander
- Ravaiya – Small spiced aubergines stuffed and slow cooked in a thick coriander and Coconut chutney
- Lagan nu custard – An iconic baked parsi custard made with eggs, milk, sugar and cardamom. Traditionally served at Weddings.
Popular for their traditional cuisine, Parsis are known for their zest for life. This exclusive set menu is priced at Rs.899 /- (exclusive of taxes) for Non-Vegetarian and Rs. 699 /- (exclusive of taxes) for Vegetarian, respectively. The special menu is available on 24th & 25th December for lunch and dinner.