The world marks Chocolate Day on July 7.
But we felt that a day was not enough to honour one of the sweetest indulgences in the world.
So to mark the occasion, the Chamiers Deli Shop at the Novotel Chennai will offer exclusive, delectable chocolate treats from July 7th all the way to 17th.
The lip-smacking assortment on the specially curated menu includes:
· Raspberry Whisky Bon Bons
· Sea Salt Caramel Cognac Bon Bons
· Classic Chocolate Opera
· Salted Dark Chocolate Tart (Gluten Free And Vegan)
· Old Fashioned Chocolate Paste
· Belgium Chocolate Cheese Cake Brownie
· Pista Dark Chocolate Fudge
· Peanut Butter Fudge Bar
· Chocolate Nutty Pavlova
Apart. of course, from our usual mouth-watering signature treats.
Meanwhile, here are seven facts about chocolate to regale your friends with:
1. The ancient Mayans are said to have discovered it, and even used cacao beans as a form of currency.
2. Unlike money, chocolate, or rather cacao, does grow on trees, with each tree producing 2,500 beans on an average.
3. The darker it is, the better it is for your health
4. It has flavonoids, catechins, and polyphenol, which act as antioxidants, boosting your immunity.
5. A 2012 study by the University of Nottingham showed dark chocolate could even prevent your brain from ageing.
6. It melts at just below 98.5 degrees F, the average blood temperature of a healthy human, which is why it is so mouth-meltingly satisfying. (milk chocolate, which has more cacao butter, might melt in your hand)
7. In 2013, the Belgians, renowned for their chocolates, issued 500,000 postage stamps which smelled of cocoa and coated to look like chocolate. Even the glue at the back tasted like chocolate when licked.
We look forward to seeing you at the Deli .
Because just like you, we believe chocolate makes the world a better place.