Char Siu Bao (Pork Bao)
All-purpose flour 150 gms
White sugar 20 gms
Ground white pepper 10 gms
Active dry yeast 20 gms
Baking powder 5 gms
Finely chopped pork 100 gms
Light soy sauce 20 ml
Hoisin sauce 20 ml
Soy sauce 10 ml
White sugar 10 gms
Oyster sauce 20 gms
Water 30 ml
Corn starch 30 gms
Sesame oil 10 ml
• Dissolve sugar in warm water, and then add the yeast until the mixture is frothy.
• Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl add yeast and dissolve well.
• • Knead the dough until it is elastic and smooth.
• Keep it aside and cover it with cling wrap.
• Let the dough prove nicely.
• Mince the pork and Marinate it with light soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sweet soy sauce.
• Cooked pork until gets dry.
• Combine sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil.
• Corn starch and water should be combined, then added to the pot and heated through. Mix in sesame oil and white pepper. Add the roasted pork after it has cooled down.
• Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it on a lightly floured surface until it is smooth and elastic.
• Roll the dough into a long roll, and divide it into equal pieces.
• Use the palm of your hand to flatten each piece into a thin circle.
• The circle’s center needs to be thicker than its edge.
• Centre one serving of the pork filling on each circle of dough.
• Fold the dough over the filling to enclose it. Pinch edges to form the bun.
• Let the buns rest for a while.
• Steam buns for 12 minutes.
• Serve the with Schwann sauce.
Eggs 2 no
Minced garlic 20 gms
Parsley 20 gms
Salt 20 gms
Pepper 10 gms
White bread 30 gms
Parmesan cheese 30 gms
Chicken breasts 150 gms
Oil 100 ml
• Take slices of white bread, grind until they are crumbs, and keep it aside to dry.
• In a small bowl, add eggs, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper and mix well.
• Add crumbs and Parmesan cheese to a small bowl. Add the Parmesan cheese and crumbs to a small bowl.
• Clean and cut chicken breast and make a flat with a hammer evenly.
• Coat the chicken with the prepared egg mixture and the crumb mixture. Heat some oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
• Shallow fry chicken until golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
• Serve the chicken schnitzel with mustard sauce.
Spokesperson: Chef Datta
Designation: Chef De Cuisine
Brand: Renaissance Bengaluru Race Course Hotel