Diwali is one of the most awaited festivals for Indians. The festival of new beginnings – the triumph of good over evil, knowledge over ignorance, and light over darkness. Observed by more than a billion people across faiths, this festival of light brings prayer, feasts, fireworks and, for some, a new year.
As a part of the festivities, each house is decorated with lights and diyas while families and friends come together to relish homemade Indian sweets. Adding to the festive treats this season, Quaker Oats has a special recipe for Oats Sooji Halwa that will surely tingle your tastebuds while filling the celebrations with more love, nutrition and wholesome goodness.
Prepare this easy-to-make and delicious Quaker Oats Sooji Halwa, and celebrate Diwali, the oats way!
Quaker Oats – 4 tbsp
Sooji – 4 tbsp
Ghee As per taste
Jaggery (Optional) As per taste
Cardamom Powder – ¼ tsp
Chopped Nuts – 2-3 tbsp
1. Add water, Quaker Oats, jaggery in a pan. Boil till jaggery melts. Add cardamom powder. Keep aside.
2. Heat ghee in a wok. Add sooji and sauté well.
3. Roast the sooji till fragrant and brown then add 1 cup water with jaggery and oats. Mix well.
4. Sauté for 1-2 mins till no lumps and it starts leaving the sides.
5. Add chopped nuts and switch off the gas.
6. Serve hot.