International Women’s Day honours women’s social, economic, cultural, and political achievements. The day also serves as a call to action for achieving gender parity sooner rather than later. However, while globally there are a lot of activities that people take part in, we can take up simple steps to make the women in our life feel special. Simple things like taking promising to take part in household chores throughout the year, taking up cooking, meaningful co-parenting, and pampering our lovely ladies every once in a while can go a long way.
To observe the special day, you can take some time off and make a lovely meal for the special women in your life – be it your mum, sister, wife or friend. They say a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, guess what, it is the same for new-age women as well. We’ve hand-picked some of the greatest and most delectable recipes that can be made quickly using only healthy ingredients. Yes! On this Women’s Day, cook these delectable and mouthwatering recipes for the special women in your life by effectively using the smart and energy-efficient kitchen appliances by Voltas Beko.
Recipe #1: Chickpea and Spinach Wrap
Duration: 30 mins
Serves: 1 person
1) Season large tortilla with sesame seeds, salt and cayenne pepper as per taste
2) Slice egg, tomatoes and avocado and place those on the tortilla
3) Cut the spinach leaves into pieces
4) Mash the boiled chickpeas in a bowl and add seasoning as per taste
5) Add all ingredients inside the tortilla
6) Place the ingredients inside the wrap
7) Just roll into a wrap!
Recipe #2: Zucchini Chocolate Bread
Duration: 1hr 30 mins
Serves: 2 – 4 people
1) Preheat the oven to 190o C
2) Grease a mini bread loaf tray with olive/coconut oil
3) Mix all ingredients in one bowl
4) Stir it well
5) Pour in the prepared bread loaf tray
6) Bake for 60 mins
7) Take it out of the oven and let it rest for some time. Then serve!
Recipe #3: Blueberry Coconut Layered Smoothie
Duration: 1 hour
Serves: 1 -2 people
1) Freeze blueberries in the Voltas Beko refrigerator with StoreFresh™ technology. It helps you lock the freshness of your fruits and vegetables for up to 30 days
2) Combine 150 g frozen blueberries, 60 g plain non-fat Greek yoghurt and 110 g coconut milk in a blender
3) Pour into a glass
4) Place the glass in a freezer for 20 mins
5) Combined 1 banana, 80 g frozen blueberries, 250 g plain non-fat Greek yoghurt, 150 g coconut milk and 15 g unsweetened shredded coconut in the blender
6) Strain and top it on the chilled layer in the glass
7) Place glasses in the freezer for 15 mins
Recipe #4: Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Duration: 30 mins
Serves: 2-3 people
1) Preheat the Voltas Beko microwave oven to 180o C
2) Chop the cauliflower in the food processor.
3) Place the cauliflower in a large bowl. Cover with a plastic wrap and microwave for 1 min until it is steamed
4) Cool and pour cauliflower on a clean cloth and squeeze the liquid out of the cauliflower until you left with a dry ball of broccoli
5) In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, eggs, cheeses and seasoning with a spoon until fully combined
6) Pour mixture into the pre-lined baking sheet and shape it like a pizza crust ½ inch thick
7) Bake for 10-12 mins
8) Add the pizza sauce and cheese
9) Bake for another 10-12 mins
10) Cool for 5 mins before cutting
These recipes can be a terrific start to spend some quality time with the precious women of your life. This can also be a great way to help them kick-start their healthy journey. Thoughtful gestures like these instead of just sending a gift will surely be appreciated!