Sandwich bread – 6 slices
Butter – as needed
Cilantro – 1 cup
Mint leaves – handful
Lemon juice – 1 tblsp
Green Chillies – 5
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Combine the cilantro, mint leaves, green chillies, cumin seeds, salt and lemon juice in a blender/mixie.
2. Make a smooth paste (green chutney) without adding water. The lemon juice should be enough.
3. Take 2 slices of bread and trim the edges.
4. Apply butter on one side of both the bread slices. (If you prefer, you can toast the bread.)
5. Spread a generous amount of green chutney on top of the butter.
6. Put one piece of bread on top of the other to make a sandwich.
7. You can have a plain green chutney sandwich or add few pieces of cucumber in between and make a cucumber sandwich or place an omelette in between to make egg sandwich.
8. Repeat the same with the other slices of bread. You can refrigerate/freeze the left over chutney and use it later.