- Enthusiastic response received from startups across India with innovative solutions in the food sector
- Top three path breaking solutions will be showcased at World Food India platform in the presence of Indian and global leaders, and win a cash prize
- A rewarding platform for start-ups to connect with and present to the leading investors and industry experts in the ecosystem
New Delhi, 06 October, 2017: With the theme ‘Transforming The Food Economy’, World Food India, being organized by Ministry of Food Processing is coming with The Food Processing Start-Up Awards from November 3 to November 5, at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The Food Processing Start-Up Awards is an attempt to recognize start-ups that have significantly contributed towards the growth and development of food processing sector through path-breaking technology and innovations across the processed food value chain and ecosystem.
Following an overwhelming response and growing interest from startups for India’s first ever Food Processing Start-up Awards, the application deadline has been extended till 13 October, 2017. A collaborative initiative by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, CII, Start-Up India and YES BANK, being organized under the aegis of World Food India, a three-day international mega event, these awards are an attempt to recognize budding entrepreneurs that have a potential to contribute towards the growth & development of food processing sector through path-breaking technology and innovations across the processed food value chain and ecosystem.
As part of the evaluation criteria, 15-20 applications will be shortlisted from all over India, which will be further funneled into top 3 applications in the second round. The applications received so far comprise of unique solutions with a common vision to minimize food wastage, improve nutrition value of the food, and address issues related to safety, hygiene and leakages in the supply chain. Top three winners selected on November 04 will be awarded during the Valedictory Session on November 05, 2017 and will be awarded with a cash prize of INR 3 lacs, 2 lacs and 1 lac respectively.
The awards are open for all potential students and entrepreneurs/start-ups to showcase innovative products, services, ideas in order to address the key challenges in the food processing sector based on the below interesting focused areas:
- Innovative Products
- Innovative Technology
- Innovative Processing
- Innovative Packaging
- Innovative Marketing
Key benefits to the shortlisted applicants
- The awards serve as a platform for shortlisted applicants to interact with top international and domestic leaders and help get a recognition amongst stakeholders in the Food Processing Sector.
- This program also provides an opportunity to explore alliances, suitable mentoring opportunity and pitch for funding from investors and industry
- In addition to this, free exhibition space will also be provided to the shortlisted applicants
The awards also supported by YES Global Institute, the practicing think tank at YES BANK and a-IDEA – Technology Business Incubator of NAARM, will be judged by a jury comprising of representations from the Government, investors, industry and technology incubators.
Nominations for the awards can be made online by clicking here https://www.worldfoodindia.in/start-up-awards