|1||GTFL Whole Chicken with Skin||1.5||Kgs|
|2||Bacon rashers (optional)||5||Nos|
|Prune and nut stuffings|
|2||Chopped stoned prunes||50||Gms|
|6||Fresh Chopped Parsley||15||Gms|
|7||Fresh Chopped garlic Chives||15||Gms|
|8||Port Wine/ Red Wine||30||Ml|
|2||plain refined flour||20||Gms|
1. Pre heat the covection oven at 190 deg C
2. Mix all the stuffing ingredienst together in a bowl
3. Stuff the neck end of the chicken quite loosely, allowing space for breadcrumbs to swell suring cooking.
4. Tuck the neck skin under the bird to secure the stuffing and hold in place with the wing tips, You may also use a string.
5. Place in a roasting tray and cover the chicken with Bacon (opyional).
6. Spread with the remaining butter, cover loosely with foil and roast forabout 90 minutes.
7. Baste with juicesin the roasting tray 3-4 times during cooking.
8. Remove any trussing stringand transfer toa serving tray.
For the gravy:- Use the juices extract in the backing tray and mix with the flour and butter in a pan.
Add chicken stock, seasoning and bring it to boil. Strain and serve with the roast chicken.