The crowd gathered in the auditorium was like the grand opening of his new movie but it was not. It was a speech session of the Super Hero of Bollywood, and the speech was also not about his own Industry. It was about his learning on Technology!
Shah Rukh Khan mesmerised the audience with his talk on India’s contribution to his learning on Technology, Entertainment and Design (TED). In his speech, the actor mainly said that he believes love is the emotion that inspires and keeps him from failing.
The actor shared the experience of his life in his 18 minutes talk, starting with losing his father when he was barely 14, his adventurous entry in Bollywood and the walk in the e-world with his signature wit and humor.
Below are few excerpts from his TED talk:
- Humanity is a lot like me. It’s an ageing movie star, grappling with all the newness around it, wondering whether it got it right in the first place and still trying to find a way to keep on shining regardless!
- I’ve learned that whatever moves you, whatever urges you to create, build, whatever keeps you from failing, whatever helps you survive, is perhaps the oldest and the simplest emotion is known to mankind, and that is love!
- Everything I said took a new meaning; everything I did – good, bad, ugly – was there for the world to comment upon and judge… I started to feel that I couldn’t be who I wanted to be or say what I actually thought. We had expected an expansion of ideas and dreams; we had not bargained for the enclosure of judgment.
- You may use your power to build walls and keep people outside. Or you may use it to break barriers and welcome them in. You may use your faith to make people afraid and terrify them into submission. Or you can use it to give courage to people, so they rise to the greatest heights of enlightenment.
- I sell dreams, and I peddle love to millions of people… I’ve been made to understand there are lots of you here who have never seen my work, and I feel really sad for you. That doesn’t take away from the fact that I’m completely self-obsessed, as a movie star should be!
Ted news says that Shah Rukh Khan will return to Indian Television as the host of TED Talks’ Hindi version, titled TED Talks India: Nayi Soch! This will mark his TV comeback after Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout in the year,2011.