Of course, baking soda is used in many ways in preparing delicious things. While baking soda could be useful in making finger-licking desserts and cakes, it could be useful in other ways too. You could use it for beauty benefits which would be good for your skin. It is turned out to be the must-have home remedy as it would improve your beauty in better ways. Let’s check out the following benefits baking soda for the skin.
1. TO GET RID OFF DARK SPOTS: To reduce dark spots, you could add a teaspoon of baking soda in a bowl, and add few drops of lemon juice to it. Now, mix it well until you get a thick paste. You could now clean, and slightly damp face and apply the mixture. You could also cover the blemishes, and marks and then use the rest to apply to the other areas. Allow it to settle for a few minutes and then wash it with warm water first and then with cold water. Also, use a moisturizer at night as sun exposure would affect your skin. Do it once or twice a week for better results.
2. TO GET SOFT AND PINK LIPS: Too many unhealthy habits such as smoking, licking your lips, and using long-stay lipsticks would harm your lips and make it dark. To get rid of the dark lips, you have to take equal quantities of baking soda and honey. So, you could take only a teaspoon and not more than that and mix the ingredients well and apply it on the lip and rub it in a circular motion. This would help you to exfoliate, and remove the dead skin cells. Leave the pack to stay for a couple of minutes and wash them with warm water. Later, apply lip balm with SPF. And if in case, your lips are too dry, then you have to add more honey than soda.
3. TO GET RID OF DARK ELBOWS AND KNEES: To lighten your elbows and knees, you have to peel one small potato, and then grate it finely. Later, squeeze the juice in a bowl and add a teaspoon of baking soda to it. Now, mix the ingredients well and use a cotton ball to apply it on your elbows and knees and leave it for about 10 minutes. Later, wash it with water and apply a moisturizing sunscreen after the process. When you use it once or twice a week, you would witness the changes.
4. TO ALLEVIATE BODY ODOR: Body odor might be the result of excessive sweating or due to many other reasons. But with the help of baking soda, you could eliminate the body odor. All you have to do is to mix a tablespoon of baking soda with equal parts of freshly squeezed lemon juice. When you get a thick paste, you could apply it to the parts of the body wherever it sweats. Leave it for about 15 minutes and then have a shower, and you could now store this solution in a container for later use. Do it regularly for effective results.
5. TO GET SOFT FEET: Your feet would also feel tired and so, you have got to treat it well. All you have to do is to fill the bucket or tub with warm water and add three tablespoons of baking soda to it. Leave it to dissolve, and then soak your feet in the solution for about 10 minutes. Also, keep a pumice stone next to you which would be used to exfoliate the dead skin. When you are done, just wash your feet with regular water and pat them dry. Later, apply a moisturizing lotion and wear socks that would be protected. And do this at least once in 15 days to make your feet soft.