- Designed, engineered, and manufactured in India using Panasonic technology
- Feature-rich, affordable appliances designed for hygiene, performance, and durability
Flipkart, India’s homegrown e-commerce marketplace, has partnered with Panasonic, a leading diversified technology company, to offer washing machines, air conditioners, and refrigerators in India under Flipkart’s MarQ range of home appliances. Leveraging Panasonic’s world-class technology and years of R&D and customer feedback, the products are specially designed for Indian consumers and suit the market weather conditions. These products are designed, engineered, and manufactured completely in India using Panasonic technology. With years of operations in India, Panasonic has innovated to include top-notch features like Miraie – connected living solutions – that address the market requirement and bring value to the consumers.
The Indian weather and everyday usage can affect shelf life, effectiveness, and the efficiency of home appliances. The new range of appliances offered by MarQ, therefore, are designed to be durable and energy-efficient and are equipped with features that deliver great performance. For instance, the high spin RPM in the washing machines ensures that clothes are dry in quick time and 5 Star BEE rating offers best in class energy efficiency, while the top-load compact cabinet design is ideally suited for the small utility spaces in most Indian homes. The Air Conditioners are designed to withstand the vagaries of Indian summers, with an ability to withstand voltage fluctuations in the range of 145v- 285v and work seamlessly in temperatures up to 52 degrees. The larger storage capacity of the refrigerators is a big plus for Indian consumers, as is the energy efficiency of both the refrigerators and the air conditioners. These features underscore the importance that both Panasonic and Flipkart have placed on manufacturing products that are uniquely tailored for the Indian market.
Dev Iyer, Vice President – Private Brands at Flipkart, said, “We wanted to bring to Indian consumers high tech products with premium features at affordable prices. We are delighted to partner with Panasonic in this endeavor. The partnership will bring high-performance, easy-to-use smart home appliances to millions of homes. It is also in line with our strategy to source and manufacture locally, thus giving impetus to the “Made in India” initiative.”
Saurabh Rawat, Chief Operating Officer, APIN, Panasonic India, said, “We strongly believe that fostering local manufacturing can lead to an industrial revival. Shared technology will be a catalyst in achieving the common goal of making India a ‘driving force’ in the development of high-quality production ecosystems. With this vision, we have contributed to local manufacturing demand by opening up our state-of-the-art appliance technologies. We are extremely delighted to partner with Flipkart with a vision of creating customer value leveraging on our mutual capabilities. While the base platform will be used to manufacture for other partner brands, Panasonic India will maintain exclusivity for its own product by keeping proprietary technology for its own products.”
|Maintaining hygiene||Silver ion-based deodorizer in the refrigerators deactivates 99% of the bacteria and keeps food fresh.|
|Intelligent Inverter Technology||The products come with a BEE 3 star for 308L Refrigerators, 2 stars for 271L & 338L; and a 5-star rating for Washing Machines that can enable up to 30% power savings.|
|Durability||Features like a stainless steel drum and anti-rust cabinet in washing machines; and bluefin anti-rust coating on the air conditioner, evaporators, and condensers, are well-suited for Indian weather and usage.|
The key product features include:
- Smart Sensors in washing machines for Wash load, Imbalance & Water level offer a superior wash experience
- Turbo Chill Technology which offers the coldest freezer temperature of -22oC for Quick Ice
- Bluefin technology which ensures an anti-corrosive protective layer on all internal components ensuring a long lasting Air Conditioner.
- Smart Space with 17% larger capacity for extra storage of fruits and vegetables, and 22% bigger bottle shelves
- 100% Copper internals & Turbo Cross flow fan in Air Conditioners for faster and optimal cooling of the room
- Compact cabinet across all capacities in top-load washing machines
- Smart Sensor Technology in refrigerators
- Door Usage and Ambient Temperature sensors in refrigerators powered by fresh Lock Technology with Multi Air Flow ensures food freshness for a longer time
- Brushless DC Motors in air conditioners and Induction Motors in washing machines to ensure minimal vibrations and noise
MarQ by Flipkart is constantly expanding and enhancing its portfolio of offerings to realize the promise of a “dream home” for millions of Indian consumers. Ahead of the festive season, MarQ launched Smart Home Speakers and Android 9.0 Smart TV to enrich the entertainment experience for consumers, who are spending more time at home since the onset of the pandemic.