- Recipe of the Week by Foodhall: Beetroot Herb Quinoa Fritters
Kankana Saxena gives you reasons to love and enjoy the lush beetroot.
Cook time: 50 minutes
Serves: 5-6 people
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 2 medium size beetroots, grated
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs of your choice
- Salt to taste
- Pour 1 cup of water in a pan along with the quinoa and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let it simmer until the water is completely absorbed. This should take about 15 minutes. Once done, take it off heat, cover the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, fluff it with a fork and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, add cooled quinoa, grated beetroots, egg, breadcrumbs, flour, chilli flakes and herbs. Give it a mix and shape into bite-size fritters. Allow the fritters to rest in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan at medium heat and place the fritters without over-crowding the pan. Depending on the size of the fritters, you might have to add more or less oil. It should take about 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Once done on one side, flip carefully and allow it to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm with your choice of dipping sauce.
The quinoa can be cooked much in advance. Cooked quinoa stays good for several days if kept in an airtight jar in the refrigerator. You could also choose to deep fry or bake them. If you want to bake the patties, make sure you add about 2 tbsp of oil in the mixture.
About Foodhall India:
We wanted to bring home the flavours from around the world to create a space that every food lover would enjoy. A place that allows you to not only buy unique, rare ingredients but also taste fresh food as you explore the store – indulging all five senses. This need for a buzzing and inspiring space was left unfulfilled.
So in 2011, Future Group launched Foodhall, a premium lifestyle food superstore. Currently Foodhall has six stores present in Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi and Gurgaon.