Extra Virgin Olive Oil is rich in Vitamin E and it’s a powerful beauty enhancement tool. It makes your skin look younger and feel supple. For many years this has been used as moisturiser, cleanser and scrub. Use the highest quality, cold-pressed olive oil in these skin recipes, for a lighter feel and scent.
Here are a few simple tips to include in your daily skincare regime.
Cleansing With Olive Oil
Take a little extra virgin olive oil and rub it all over your face using your clean fingers. Cover your face with a very warm washcloth (as much warm as you can withstand) and press lightly. As the washcloth cools, rinse it, warm it up again, squeeze it out and reapply. Finally, wash off with lukewarm water.
Olive Oil acts as an effective deep cleanser and has the capability to break down sebum (natural oil produced by skin) and impurities. Also, dissolves extra sebum without stripping your skin.
- Moisturizes and smoothes your skin, leaving it supple while locking in moisture.
- Non-comedogenic – meaning a skin care product or cosmetic that is formulated so as not to cause blocked pores.
- Rich in antioxidants – stimulates the production of collagen and elastin.
- Its chemical composition is similar to that of human skin’s own natural oil, sebum.
Olive Oil Scrub
Take granulated sugar 1 cup, white or brown, Extra virgin olive oil 1/4th cup and if you prefer to add 4-5 drops of essential oils or little herb or kitchen flavourings like cinnamon, honey or vanilla.
If you like to scrub and remove dead skin cells to brighten your facial tone, tighten pores and lift wrinkles, add a gently abrasive element, such as sugar or sea salt with extra virgin olive oil.
Depending upon how much skin area you desire to cover, you can adjust the quantities in the same proportion.
Use as a Moisturiser
Mix 1/4 cup of granulated sugar with 1 tbsp. of grated cucumber, aloe vera juice or mashed avocado (according to your choice). Drizzle in enough olive oil to make a smooth paste, then scrub gently into your face and rinse off.
- An olive oil sugar scrub works amazingly all over your body, particularly great for exfoliating and moisturizing arms, legs and derriere.
- After using this scrub on your legs, you will not need to use shaving cream or soap for shaving as the razor will glide incredibly. Just make sure to rinse the razor well!
- Olive oil and sea salt scrub: Alternatively, you can mix 1/2 cup of olive oil with 1 tbsp. of sea salt and use all over your body, including your face.