Hair fall is a common problem faced by people of all ages, genders, and backgrounds. There are various factors responsible for this hair fall. From genetics, and hormonal imbalances, to pollution, and lifestyle choices, everything plays a vital role in hair fall. Thus maintaining the overall health by actively changing your lifestyle practices will definitely aid in hair growth. Ensure to have a healthy diet and a well-hydrated body for overall benefit. Also, yoga asanas and meditations can help control hair fall to a great extent.
Yoga is an ancient practice that not only benefits the body but also the mind and soul. They can enhance blood circulation in the scalp as well as reduce stress and anxiety. In this article, we will discuss the top 5 effective yoga asanas that can help control hair fall and promote healthy hair growth to a great extent.
Yoga Asanas For Hair Fall Control
Adho Mukha Svanasana
Adho Mukha Svanasana, also known as the Downward-facing Dog Pose, is a popular yoga asana that stretches the entire body. As the name suggests, it is a downward-facing posture that improves blood circulation to the scalp. This in turn nourishes the hair follicles and strengthens them. The brain also receives fresh oxygenated blood since the head is lower than the heart. This also lessens mental tiredness.
To practice this asana, follow the steps below:
● To begin, place your wrists beneath your shoulders and your knees below your hips.
● Curl your toes under and lift your hips up and back, coming into an inverted V-shape.
● Then straighten your spine by pressing your feet and hands into the mat.
● Hold the posture for 5-10 breaths. Then finally release.
You may also like: Simple Bedtime Yoga for Back Pain
Uttanasana, also known as the Standing Forward Bend Pose, is another effective yoga asana that helps control hair fall by improving blood circulation to the scalp. It also helps reduce stress and anxiety, which are common causes of hair fall. This is an intense stretch posture and you can avoid this if you have injured ankle or knee or lower back injuries. To practice this asana, follow the steps below:
● First start with the basic Tadasana or standing pose.
● Then bend forward at the hips until the hands can be put on the floor, eventually behind the heels.
● After placing your hands on the floor or on your shins, relax your head.
● Stay still for 5-10 breaths, and then release.
Vajrasana, also known as the Diamond Pose, is a simple yet powerful yoga asana that can help control hair fall by improving blood circulation to the scalp. It is a kneeling asana where you must sit with the calves between the thighs and heels. Vajrasana also helps improve digestion and reduce stress and anxiety, which are common causes of hair fall. To practice this asana, follow the steps below:
● Kneel on the floor with your toes touching and your heels slightly apart.
● Your hands should be on your knees while you lean back on your heels.
● Maintain an erect and upright position with a straight back.
● Sit tight for 5 to 10 minutes and breathe deeply.
Sarvangasana, also known as the Shoulder Stand Pose, is a challenging yet effective yoga asana that aids in hair growth. It is an inverted asana where the entire body weight is supported by the shoulders. Thus the name ‘Shoulder Stand’. It enhances blood circulation, balances hormones, and also reduces stress and anxiety. All these will eventually control hair fall. To practice this asana, follow the steps below:
● Rest on your back, with arms stretching by your sides.
● Inhale deeply and extend your legs to a 90º angle.
● As you elevate your hips and legs towards the ceiling, use both your hands to support your back.
● Keep your chin tucked into your chest and your gaze towards your toes.
● Breathe deeply and hold the pose for 5-10 breaths, then release.
If you don’t want any posture exercises, then this one is for you. Balayam Yoga, also known as Rubbing Nails, is a simple yet effective yoga technique. For this, all you have to do is continuously massage your nails together for 5 to 10 minutes. It is based on the reflexology theory that the nerve endings in your nail and hair follicles are related. Hence, stimulating these nerve endings boosts blood flow to the scalp, which promotes hair growth.
Yoga is the most effective way to treat problems that affect both the mind and the body. Also, all these yoga asanas might take a few months to show the actual results. Thus try them with hope and patience. Also, certain asanas are not for pregnant women. Hence it is important to consult a proper yoga instructor before doing it.
We will be delighted to have your thoughts and feedback. Please write to us at [email protected]
Follow Life and Trendz on Instagram: https://instagram.com/lifeandtrendz?igshid=Yzg5MTU1MDY=
Comments are closed.