When you wish for a flexible body, you have to be stretch a lot as it would decrease the chance of injuries when you workout or during your daily activities. If you practice doing some flexibility exercises, it would be extremely beneficial for you throughout your life. It would work on different parts of your body thereby making it stronger. It’s high time you have to start practising effective stretches which would make you completely fit and flexible as well. So, let’s check out the following flexible exercises and stretches which must be included in your life.
THE SIDE STRETCH:
• Stand erect with your feet apart and raise your arms right up.
• Allow your palms to face each other.
• Now, bend towards the right side and hold for about 5 seconds and return to the starting position.
• Do the same for the left side as well.
You may also like: Effective Core Exercises to Include in Your Routine
THE CAT STRETCH:
• Get down on your knees and bend as if a four-legged animal.
• Now, bend your head and slightly pull your torso backwards which would form a large lump on the back.
• Now breathe in and out for a few seconds and repeat it for few times.
THE RUNNING STRETCH:
• All you have to do is to step your foot forward and lower your body as if you are ready for a lunge exercise.
• Keep your fingertips on the floor.
• Breathe in and breathe out by straightening your right leg and return to the lunge position.
• Now repeat it four times to get the desired flexibility.
THE HAMSTRING STRETCH:
• Just sit down on the floor with your legs stretched out.
• Now extend your arms straight out and try touching the toes of your legs.
• Just hold it for 10 seconds and repeat it again as per the requirement.
THE QUAD STRETCH:
• Stand straight on one leg.
• Bring both your hands back to your body and hold your toes with one hand.
• Could you feel the stretch there?
• Now hold it for a few seconds and return to the normal position.
• Repeat it at least 10 times on each side.
THE FORWARD HANG:
• Stand erect and intertwine your fingers by keeping them back.
• Breathe in deeply before starting the stretch.
• When you exhale, you just bend down and extend your hands out.
• Now hold it for 5 seconds and return to the original position.
• Repeat it about 10 times.
• If you are an elderly one, then you must have gone for a trainer’s suggestion.