South India boasts a diverse range of destinations that you should see at least once in your lifetime. South India is a fascinating section of India that no one should ever miss out on, from scenic hill villages to party destinations. And if you want to go on a trip with your best friends, we have some recommendations for you. So, without further ado, let’s dive straight into some of the best spots to visit with your best friends in south India.
Top places to visit with your best friends in South India:
If you and your best friends enjoy the serenity and tranquillity that nature provides, Thekkady is a paradise. The region is loaded with lush greenery and stunning lakes, so you and your friends won’t have to worry about unwinding. If you enjoy walking and hiking through the woods, Thekkady has various hills and waterfalls to explore. And, in our experience, you can never have enough boat rides in Thekkady.
Things to do in Thekkady:
- Visit the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary and take a boat ride on Periyar Lake.
- Hike to Spring Valley Mountain (also known as Kurisumala) for a spectacular view of the Tiger Reserve.
- Explore the spice markets and try some street foods.
Best time to visit: October to February
You may also like: The Best Tourist Places in India You Should Visit with Friends
It is one of those places in South India that appears to be in a western country but is actually in India. Alappuzha, in particular, is known as the “Venice of the East.” The location is surrounded by magnificent lakes and scenic landscapes. This is a favourite destination for couples in South India, but it will also be a memorable experience for best friends. You may explore the backwaters, sample the delicious cuisine, and pay a visit to some religious sites such as temples and churches.
Things to do Alappuzha:
- Take a relaxing boat ride in the Kuttanad Backwaters.
- Visit the Alleppey lighthouse for a wonderful view of the surrounding area.
- Don’t forget to visit all of the lovely beaches to witness one of the most beautiful sunsets.
Best time to visit: November to February
If you live in or around Chennai, you and your best friends should make a quick journey to Mahabalipuram. Not only will you be able to take a short road trip, but you will also be able to appreciate the peaceful scenery provided by the highway. There are other places on the road to Mahabalipuram that you and your friends could enjoy. Mahabalipuram has something for everyone, from Muttukadu Boat House to exquisite beach resorts. The most suggested activity is to climb the lighthouse stairs and experience the surreal view of the area.
Things to do in Mahabalipuram:
- Stop at Muttukadu Boat House for a stunning sunrise or sunset while enjoying a boat ride.
- Explore the coastal temple and the five rathas to enjoy the monuments’ splendour.
- Climb the lighthouse for a panoramic view of the entire area.
Best time to visit: All year long
Banglore is ideal if you and your group want to do nothing but party and meet new people all night. While this isn’t the best vacation for somebody who lives in a city, it is good for those who prefer being around people. However, just because Banglore is a metropolis does not mean it lacks natural and attractive sites for you to visit. After being out in congested areas all day, you can unwind by visiting the botanical gardens and Ulsoor Lake.
Things to do in Bangalore:
- Visit the Bannerghatta National Park to see a wide range of creatures that are just waiting for you to come and see them.
- Plan a trip to Wonderla Amusement Park with your best pals for some exciting and entertaining adventures.
- Visit the city malls for a wonderful shopping experience as well as delicious foods.
Best time to visit: All year long
What is your favourite South Indian spot to visit with your best friends? Please do let us know.
We will be delighted to have your thoughts and feedback. Please write to us at [email protected]
Follow Life and Trendz on Instagram: https://instagram.com/lifeandtrendz?igshid=Yzg5MTU1MDY=