5 Mind-Blowing Facts of Kamasutra You Never Knew



Did you know the author or the composition of the world-famous text, Kamasutra?

Check out the less known facts about Kamasutra in general.

Well, none can resist that they are aware of Kamasutra. Almost all of us would have heard about this ancient Indian Hindu text, which is known in the West as the sex manual. But did you know Kamasutra in a much deeper sense? Obviously, we would have not tried to analyze the text intensively. However, it is the standard work on the sexual behaviour of a human in Sanskrit literature which is written by Vatsyayana. It is simply the collection of teachings of Vedas and advice represented by the Kama Sutra and it is considered to be a guide which gives the most of the fruitful life. It incorporates the sex as well and below are the Kamasutra’s unknown facts.

AUTHOR OF THE TEXT: How many of us did know the author of the test Kamasutra? This piece of Sanskrit literature is written by the author Vatsyayana. The ancient author is also known to be the philosopher of Vedic tradition and he was found to be lived around the 2nd century CE. Enriched with knowledge, the author had composed the manual text of Kamasutra.

TRANSLATION WORKS: Well, the text is also translated into English by the author Sir Richard Francis. It was published in 1883 under the work of Indian archeologist Bhagwan Lal Indraji, in private. Howbeit, the other notable translation works of Kamasutra were completed by Indra Sinha in 1980 and it was published publicly. Present days, it has been recognised as the “Book of Love and Sexual Pleasure”. Meanwhile, the most interesting thing is that the chapters of the book began to go popularly on the internet during the 1990s.

THE COMPOSITION OF THE TEXT: Kamasutra has 1,250 verses, which is divided into 7 parts and 36 chapters, written by Vatsyayana. The seven divisional parts were known to be the abridged works and they are from Dattaka which is the part one, Suvarnanabha which is the part two, Ghotakamukha which is the part three, Gonardiya-the part four, Gonikaputra which is the part five, Charayana – the part six and Kuchumara which is considered to be part seven.

UNIQUE TEXT: The famously known Kamasutra portrays that youth is the perfect time to experience and practice the pleasure and as he becomes better in life, he should focus on the path of righteous living as well. Additionally, it describes the two souls in love and their sexual war of love and they suddenly ignite with a large amount of energy and resist the upcoming dangers of life. Completely varied from other books, Kamasutra provides acts as a guide to notify the destruction and also shows the path to find the delight.

THE REAL MEANING: According to Sanskrit, Kama is nothing but the desire and Sutra means an invisible power or something that sticks things together. Being the oldest text, Kamasutra covers only 20% of the sexual desires whereas the remaining 80% depicts the theories and philosophies of life, which instigates desire. It also guides how a person could sustain in love. Nevertheless, the text is completely different from tantric sex.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.