“Nails take any old outfit and make it new.”Essie
Are you concerned about your nails? Here are some tips to make your nails healthy and keep it in good shape. So, look at your fingernails and ask a question to yourself as ‘Are they looking strong?’ If not just start taking care from now on. Normally, fingernails are composed of laminated layers of a protein called keratin which grows from the area at the base of the nail under the cuticle.
Healthy fingernails are smooth which seems to be without pits or grooves. They must look similar and free of spots and discoloration. However, not all the nail conditions are normal and so consult your doctor or dermatologist if you notice the following: If you find changes in nail color like discoloration of the entire nail-like black color or a dark streak under the nail, changes in the nail shape, thinning or thickening of the nails, separation of the nail from the surrounding skin, bleeding in and around the nails, swelling or pain around the nails and failure of nails to grow out.
- Retain fingernails dry and clean: By doing so, it prevents bacteria from growing under your fingernails. Prolonged contact with water can lead to split fingernails. Wear cotton-lined rubber gloves when you are washing dishes, cleaning or using chemicals.
- Maintain good nail hygiene: Use sharp manicure scissors to trim your nails straight across and then round the tips in a gentle curve.
- You should have to use a moisturizer when you use hand lotion, rub the lotion into your fingernails and cuticles.
- Apply a protective layer like nail hardener which might help strengthen the nails.
- Some researches suggest that nutrition biotin might help to strengthen weak fingernails.
- Biting your fingernails can damage your nail bed. Though the cut is minor, it may have a chance to allow the bacteria or fungi to enter and which in turn causes infection.
- By pulling off your nails, you might have the chance to live tissue along with the hangnail. You can gently clip off the hangnails.
- If you are using nail polish remover often, then you should have to limit the use of remover.
- If you notice any nail problems, it won’t vanish by its own and so consult your doctor or dermatologist for an evaluation.
- And if you rely on manicures and pedicures for healthy nails, just make sure that the salon is a licensed one.
These are things that you have practice in your everyday life to possess healthy nails.
Healthy nails look pretty!