A vegetarian lasagna that is the perfect one dish dinner solution for weekends and family get-togethers.
Cook time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6 people
For Butternut Squash mixture:
- Butternut Squash or Pumpkin, roasted; 500g
- Garlic, peeled and minced; 2 tsp
- Olive Oil; 2 tbsp
- Red and Yellow pepper, cut into dices; 1 cup, each
- Thyme; 1 tsp
- Seasoning; to taste
- Butternut Squash & Pepper mixture; 1 kg
- Pasta sheets, blanched; 1 packet
- Tomato sauce or Arrabiata sauce; 1 can (300g)
- Cheese Sauce or Cream Sauce; 1 can (300g)
- Cheese (Mozzarella & Parmesan cheese), grated; 1 1/2 cup
- Parsley, chopped; 1 tbsp
For the Butternut Squash mixture:
- Heat oil & saute chopped garlic and diced red, yellow peppers.
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into large chunks. Add seasoning, olive oil and roast it in the oven. Once cooked add the diced, roasted pumpkin to peppers and mix well.
- Cook pasta sheets until al dente and keep aside.
- Add cheese sauce in lined baking dish and place the pasta sheet over it.
- Add the tomato sauce over the pasta sheet along with a layer of butternut squash mixture.
- Drizzle the cheese sauce over the butternut squash mixture, then sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese over it and top it with a cooked pasta sheet.
- Repeat the process in the same order to make three layers.
- Cover the top layer with a pasta sheet and pour tomato sauce over it. Cover it with grated parmesan & mozzarella cheese. Bake in a preheated over at 200 degree C for 20 to 25 minutes or until it is golden brown on top.
About Foodhall India:
We wanted to bring home the flavours from around the world to create a space that every food lover would enjoy. A place that allows you to not only buy unique, rare ingredients but also taste fresh food as you explore the store – indulging all five senses. This need for a buzzing and inspiring space was left unfulfilled.
So in 2011, Future Group launched Foodhall, a premium lifestyle food superstore. Currently Foodhall has six stores present in Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi and Gurgaon.