Pizza is one of the most popular foods around the world, and it’s for a good reason. It’s easy to make, delicious and a great option for a weeknight dinner. But despite its popularity, pizza isn’t always the healthiest food choice. Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be that way anymore. With a few simple steps, you can enjoy all the flavors of pizza but with much more nutrition. In this article, we will explore how to make healthy pizzas at home in just a few simple steps. Whether you’re trying to eat healthier or just looking for some new recipe ideas, this article is sure to help you shake up your pizza game!
Different types of healthy pizzas
Healthy pizzas can be made by using different ingredients. First, you will want to choose a healthier alternative for the crust. Try using whole wheat or cauliflower pizza crusts instead of the traditional white flour crust. This will give your dough more fibre and nutrients than white flour. You can also add a little bit of flaxseed meal to the dough for an extra boost of nutrition.
Another important tip is to let the dough rise for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will help it to be light and fluffy and will make it easier to digest.
Once you’ve made your healthy dough, you can top it with whatever you like! Make sure to use high-quality ingredients for the best results.
Additionally, you can also experiment with other kinds of bases like pita bread or corn tortillas.
You may also like: Finest Ways to Prepare Pasta in a Healthier Version
Ditch the jarred stuff and opt for a homemade tomato sauce made with fresh tomatoes and spices. Heat up some olive oil and add fresh tomatoes and garlic and saute till they are soft. Add salt and fresh basil leaves or dried basil and chilli flakes and bring it to a boil. Let the sauce come to room temperature and store this fresh tomato sauce in a glass jar for up to a week in the refrigerator.
You also use pesto as a base for a delicious pesto pizza. Other sauces include tandoori sauce, desi masala sauce which has the flavours of Indian spice.
Next, consider the toppings you’d like to use on your pizza. You can include plenty of veggies such as bell peppers, mushrooms and onions for added nutrition. Or top your pizza with lean proteins such as chicken or turkey for extra protein. If you have a sweet tooth, try adding fruits such as pineapples or apples for a unique twist on your pizza. Lastly, when choosing the cheese topping, opt for low-fat varieties instead of traditional full-fat cheeses like mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
Here’s a list of toppings that you might enjoy:
-Vegetables: onions, peppers, mushrooms, olives, broccoli, spinach, zucchini, artichoke hearts, eggplant
-Fruits: pineapple, bananas, avocado
-Meat: pepperoni, sausage, chicken, bacon, ham
-Other: feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, cashew cheese
Baking the pizza
1. Preheat your oven to the appropriate temperature before baking your pizza. This will ensure that your pizza is cooked evenly and thoroughly.
2. When placing your pizza in the oven, make sure that the pan or stone is preheated as well. This will help to prevent the bottom of your pizza from getting soggy.
3. Use a spatula or tongs to place your pizza on a baking sheet or pizza stone that’s been dusted with cornmeal before putting it in the oven. This will help to keep the shape of your crust intact.
4. Top the pizza with your desired sauce and toppings and a drizzle of olive oil, then bake for 10-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
5. Finally, finish off your healthy pizza with an aromatic herb topping like oregano or basil. Not only do these herbs add flavour to your meal but they also contain powerful antioxidants that are beneficial to our health. Serve your delicious homemade healthy pizza.
With the right ingredients and tools, you can make healthy pizzas right at home! Making a homemade pizza is fun and easy, and it allows you to customize your toppings to fit your dietary needs. Plus, having all of the necessary components on hand makes it easy to make a healthier version of this classic dish. Try out these simple steps for preparing a delicious and nutritious pizza in no time!
We will be delighted to have your thoughts and feedback. Please write to us at [email protected]
Follow Life and Trendz on Instagram: https://instagram.com/lifeandtrendz?igshid=Yzg5MTU1MDY=