Of course, Koththu Parotta never ceases to amaze you with its spicy and delish taste. While parotta itself steals most hearts, Kothu parotta is not an exceptional one though. Although originated in Sri Lanka, Koththu parotta is the most famous variant originated in Madurai, Tamil Nadu. Later, the palatable dish has found its place on the menu in various places of Tamil Nadu. Besides being people’s favourite, it is prepared with the main ingredient, Maida or all-purpose flour which is not a healthy choice. Wheat flour, on the other hand, is the healthiest choice. So, why don’t you swap parotta for chappathi? How about Kothu chappathi for dinner? Well, this sounds like a healthy main course, doesn’t it? So, continue reading the article ‘swap parotta for chappathi – A tale of Kothu chappathi’.
Chappathis (small or chopped pieces), chopped onions and tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, clove, cardamom, cinnamon, eggs, chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam powder, green chillis, curry leaves, coriander leaves, and salt. All these ingredients must be taken as per the members your requirements.
You may also like: 5 Delish Dinner Ideas for Healthy Glowing Skin
Steps to Prepare Kothu Chappathi:
• Heat an iron pan and pour a few tablespoons of cooking oil and wait until it heats.
• Add some mustard seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and clove, and curry leaves.
• Add the vertically sliced two green chilies and ginger-garlic paste and stir fry them.
• Now, include the chopped onions and stir fry it until it turns slightly brown.
• Add chopped tomatoes and pour some water and stir it.
• This is the time where you add ¼ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chili powder, ½ tsp garam masala, and cumin powder, and the required amount of salt. Later, stir it well.
• Take 3 to 4 eggs and add them to the delish mixture.
• When the egg is ready and blended well with the mixture.
• Add chopped pieces of chappathis and chopped coriander leaves.
• Stir it well until you get the soft consistency.
• If you love have the roasted form, then stir it for a few more minutes.
• And the mouth-watering kothu chappathi is ready to serve.
So, ‘swap parotta for chappathi – A tale of Kothu chappathi’ is not done until you try preparing it at home. This would be the best and flavoursome food choice for the kids. Moreover, it would be the healthiest for people with diabetes or any health issues. So, you do not have to sacrifice your favourite Kothu recipe. Enjoy a lip-smacking brunch or dinner!
We will be delighted to have your thoughts and feedback. Please write to us at [email protected]
Follow Life and Trendz on Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/lifeandtrendz/
Comments are closed.