Cumin has been used as a spice for thousands of years.
In India, it has been used for millennia as a traditional ingredient in innumerable recipes and forms the basis of many other spice blends. Apart from being a part of cuisines, it has numerous benefits.
Drinking cumin water on an empty stomach is good for the face, hair and overall health. It is a natural remedy for various health problems.
It is very good for the stomach. Boil a little cumin in plain water and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning. It will relieve you from indigestion and stomach pain. Pregnant women may also drink cumin water. It can help improve digestion during pregnancy. It stimulates the enzymes needed for digestion of carbohydrates and fats. It also promotes milk secretion. Cumin seeds act on the female reproductive system by reducing inflammation of the uterus.
Drinking cumin water can provide immediate relief if you have digestive problems. The fiber in cumin helps relieve constipation.
Drinking Cumin water regularly keeps the immune system intact and also leads to lower blood sugar levels. It also helps with weight loss.
When people with hypertension keep drinking this as a practice, the potassium in it helps to keep blood pressure steady.
Potassium is high in cumin. It helps to normalize blood pressure, maintain good metabolism and strengthens the body. Cumin water helps to expel toxins from the body and protects the gallbladder. The liver also gains strength.
Iron is very important for physical health. Iron deficiency also gets corrected with Cumin water. It is also a pain reliever during menstruation. Drinking cumin water during this period reduces the pain. Iron in cumin will increase hemoglobin levels and cure anemia.
The problem with the common cold is that the respiratory tract gets destroyed. Drinking this water gets the mucus out and you get immediate relief from cough. It also boosts memory and immunity.
Boiling a teaspoon of cumin in a glass of water and drinking it cures problems in the urinary tract, cleans the bladder and kidneys. Cumin and fenugreek when combined together help to reduce problems in the male and female reproductive organs and urinary systems.
Roasted cumin seeds can be eaten to freshen the breath. Chewing roasted cumin seeds can also heal soars in the mouth and reduce excess saliva.
Washing your face by mixing turmeric powder with cumin water, will give you the glassy shine. The skin becomes soft and supple. Vitamin E in cumin can help maintain youthfulness. You can also use this water directly to wash your skin which results in getting a glowing skin. It contains not only potassium but also calcium, selenium, and manganese. They are refreshing to the skin. The nutrients contained in Cumin strengthen the hair from the root and helps in hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- A paste of cumin seeds with water, when applied on boils or aching body parts gives relief from pain.
- Boil ground jeera in water and allow it to cool down. Add a pinch of cardamom to this water. When you gargle this water it helps to keep the mouth fresh and also cures mouth ulcers. Also, it gets rid of the foul smell.
- Water boiled with ground jeera consumed regularly by lactating mothers increases breast milk and reduces inflammation of the uterus.
- Boil a teaspoon of jeera in a glass of water, allow it to cool. Consuming this water frequently relieves indigestion.
- Add powdered Jeera to honey and consume. This reduces diarrhea caused due to indigestion and reduces the pain.
- Cumin water with ginger helps to relieve common cold
- Pomegranate juice with powdered Jeera help relived from bowel problems. It reduces the frequency of stools and soothes colon.